PZU logo

+372 622 4599

Good to know – accident insurance

On this page, you will find information about all things related to accident insurance.
It also contains various guidelines on how to act and who to contact in the case of various events.

  • Changes in contact details

      If your phone number, address or email address has changed, you can change it easily in our self-service.

  • How can I report a loss event?

      In the case of an insured event, fill in the form here.

  • How do I prove that an accident occurred?

      An injury must be registered immediately after the occurrence of the accident by calling an ambulance, if necessary, or going to the emergency department of a medical institution yourself. In the case of minor injuries, whereby going to the emergency department is not necessary, call your GP immediately to record the injury.

  • Which documents do I have to submit to get the compensation?

      In order to apply for compensation, you must submit an extract from the medical records/medical certificate, which indicate the extent of the injury and the further treatment. As a rule, you can easily download the documents in your medical records from www.digilugu.ee. If this is not possible, request the medical documents concerning the accident from your GP.

  • How do I apply for the daily allowance covered by accident insurance?

      If you would like to apply for daily allowance, you must also submit information on your sick leave in addition to your medical records. We can calculate the first compensation after the doctor has ended your initial sick leave. As a rule, you can easily download the details of your sick leave here.

      You must also submit a certificate of your income. A printout of your income subject to social security tax in the last six months before the accident from the Tax and Customs Board is suitable for this. For example, if the accident occurred on 15 August 2020, you must submit the certificate for the period of 1 February 2020 to 31 July 2020. You can download the data of your income from the self-service portal of the Tax and Customs Board here.

  • How do I apply for compensation of medical expenses?

      In order to apply for compensation of medical expenses, enclose the information on the prescribed treatment and aids with your medical records and the expense receipts. We accept referrals issued by a medical specialist or your GP, treatment plans or certificates in other formats.

PZU is AB "Lietuvos draudimas" Estonian Branch trademark in Estonia. AB "Lietuvos draudimas" is Lithuanian insurance company, that is part of the international PZU Group. Before entering into an insurance contract, please examine the terms and conditions or dial +372 622 4599 for additional information.