Insurance for goods in transit
Insurance for goods in transit is meant for indemnifying any potential goods damage caused to the owner of the cargo during transport.
PZU insurance for goods in transit protects you as a policyholder from all the main risks, for example a traffic accident, theft, fire, damage caused during loading or unloading, natural disasters, etc. The cover also extends to events that are not under the direct control of the policyholder, such as in a case in which the employee of a transport company causes damage in a state of intoxication, etc.
In addition to physical cargo, it is also possible to insure the proprietary interests of the client related to the transportation of cargo, which include for example:
- direct expenses related to the transportation of cargo (e.g. freight charges);
- damage arising from the delay of cargo (up to the amount of freight charges);
- loss of profit (up to 10% of the insurable value);
- taxes that the policyholder is liable to pay (e.g. customs or excise duty);
- the cost of saving or disposal of the cargo;
- the liability of the owner of cargo in connection with general average procedure (the interests of ship and cargo owners in saving the ship).
Upon special agreement, the following can also be insured:
- used, unpacked or damaged cargo;
- work equipment, devices and samples of the policyholder;
- exhibits for exhibitions;
- storage of the cargo before or after transport.
PZU is AB "Lietuvos draudimas" Estonian Branch trademark in Estonia. AB "Lietuvos draudimas" is Lithuanian insurance company, that is part of the international PZU Group. Before entering into an insurance contract, please examine the terms and conditions or dial +372 622 4599 for additional information.