What is accident insurance?
Accident insurance will help you if you fall, sprain your ankle, break a bone or have to miss work for a long time as a result of an accident. Accident insurance also helps you cover the costs you incur after an accident that are not compensated for by the Health Insurance Fund, and helps you maintain your income if you have temporarily lost your capacity for work as a result of an accident.
The target market of accident insurance comprises permanent residents of Estonia and persons entered in the Estonian Commercial Register.
The accident insurance offered by PZU is as family and sports friendly as possible. If the daily allowance cover is selected in PZU accident insurance and an accident happens to an underage child in the family, their parent can choose to go on care leave without having to lose any of their income. Amateur sports as well as competitive sports in the case of minors are automatically covered with PZU accident insurance.
Accident insurance consists of various insurance covers.
- Indemnity for loss of capacity for work – the only mandatory insurance cover. If a tragic accident occurs, the indemnity helps you and your family to make the necessary changes in your life.
- Indemnity for pain and suffering – a one-off indemnity in case of a temporary injury.
- Daily allowance cover – 100% of your income is maintained with state support if you have to stay away from work due to an accident.
- Compensation for loss of life – in the event of a particularly tragic event, the next of kin are paid compensation that helps them manage their financial obligations.
- Cover for medical expenses – we help to pay for the medical expenses not compensated for by the Health Insurance Fund.
PZU is AB "Lietuvos draudimas" Estonian Branch trademark in Estonia. AB "Lietuvos draudimas" is Lithuanian insurance company, that is part of the international PZU Group. Before entering into an insurance contract, please examine the terms and conditions or dial +372 622 4599 for additional information.