Liability insurance for transport companies
The target market of liability insurance for transport companies comprises companies entered in the Estonian Commercial Register who are engaged in the transportation of goods, freight forwarding, organisation of shipping, as well as loading, assembling and storing of goods, etc.
When providing the service, the transport company is liable to its client pursuant to the contract for the supply of services. The scope of liability is regulated in different legislation: the Law of Obligations Act, international conventions for the carriage of goods, and other national and international agreements.
PZU Insurance offers transport companies the possibility to insure the liability arising from the contract for the supply of service. This can be done either by single services or in a complex manner by insuring the services of transport and forwarding of goods in a single contract.
Types of liability insurance for transport companies:
Road carrier’s liability insurance
- financial losses, i.e. freight costs in proportion to goods losses, claims filed due to late delivery, customs duties, costs for the reshipment of goods;
- costs, i.e. costs incurred in order to avoid the insured event or to decrease the damage; legal assistance expenses related to a claim against the carrier;
- liability to third persons in connection with the destruction of their property in performing the contract of carriage (carriage, loading);
- the road carrier’s participation in sharing the rescue costs related to marine damage (general average adjustment);
- the road carrier’s liability for the destruction or damage of containers;
- the driver’s tools and personal items.
PZU insures the road carrier’s liability pursuant to the Law of Obligations Act in case of domestic transport and pursuant to the CMR convention in case of international transport.
You are also able to insure other additional risks in addition to goods damage. Other additional risks include:
Please find the application for road carrier’s liability insurance here.
Forwarder’s liability insurance
PZU insures the forwarder’s liability pursuant to the general conditions of the Estonian Logistics and Freight Forwarding Association (ELEA) or the Nordic Association of Freight Forwarders (NSAB).
Please find the application for forwarder’s liability insurance here.
Other transport services
Based on PZU’s terms and conditions for transport companies, you are also able to insure even such transport companies whose main activity is providing stevedoring and terminal services, etc.
Make sure to examine the terms and conditions of liability insurance for transport companies.
PZU is AB "Lietuvos draudimas" Estonian Branch trademark in Estonia. AB "Lietuvos draudimas" is Lithuanian insurance company, that is part of the international PZU Group. Before entering into an insurance contract, please examine the terms and conditions or dial +372 622 4599 for additional information.