PZU logo

+372 622 4599

Up to 15% off the regular price when purchasing online

Good to know

  • What to do when selling a vehicle

      When selling a vehicle, the motor third party liability insurance contract is automatically assumed by the new owner or authorised user. The contract is assumed at the moment the respective entry is made in the Traffic Register, i.e. when completing the sale in the Estonian Motor Vehicle Registration Centre. The vehicle can be a motor vehicle, motorcycle or a bus.

      All rights and obligations arising from the contract are transferred to the new owner or user, including the obligation to pay the insurance premium. This is independent of whether the previous policyholder was subject to an insurance obligation or not.

      After the sale, when the owner and the authorised user have been changed in the Traffic Register, the contract has been transferred, and the previous policyholder no longer has any rights in relation to the contract.

  • What should be done upon a loss event?

      Upon a traffic accident, please call our customer service telephone 6224599 and you will be given the initial guidelines as to what to do next and what the best course of action is.

      Some general guidelines:

      • The first thing is to always ensure the safety of people. If people have been injured as a result of the occurred event, immediately notify the Rescue Board and proceed as instructed.
      • In case of theft, an act of vandalism or robbery, notify the police straight away and proceed as instructed.
      • Try to keep in mind or, even better, write down as much about the circumstances of the accident and take as many photographs as possible – the registration number of the other vehicle, the address of the site of the accident, the contact details of the witnesses, etc.
      • Take all reasonable steps to ensure that the damage incurred does not increase – cover broken windows with plastic film and transport the immobile vehicle to a safe place (a repair shop, car park or home).
      • Notify the insurance company of the damage as soon as possible.

  • Changes in contact details

      If you have changed your telephone number, place of residence or e-mail address, please call the PZU customer service telephone 622 4599 or e-mail info[at]pzu.ee to register the change.

  • Check the validity of motor insurance

      In Estonia, all motor insurance contracts are registered in the Estonian Traffic Insurance Fund. If you signed the contract in the e-shop and haven’t received the contract documents yet, you can check the validity of your vehicle’s motor insurance here.

  • What you need to know about the United Kingdom leaving the European Union (Brexit)

      Circumstances relating to motor insurance contracts as of 1 January 2021

      • You must get yourself a green card if you want to travel to the United Kingdom by car and your car is registered in Estonia.
      • You can take our frontier insurance for a UK vehicle, which is offered by the Estonian Motor Insurance Bureau.
      • A UK vehicle must have an effective green card or frontier insurance contract in order to enter Estonia. The existence of an insurance contract will be checked by a police officer or an assistant police officer (subsection 80 (1) of the Motor Insurance Act) and an uninsured vehicle is not allowed to enter Estonia (subsection 80 (2)).
      • A contract for a vehicle in delivery may not be entered into for a UK vehicle (subsection 14 (4) of the Motor Insurance Act).

      Circumstances relating to motor insurance damage as of 1 January 2021

      • The victim will receive indemnity in any case if damage is caused with a UK vehicle in Estonia. The indemnity will be paid by the Estonian correspondent of the insurer of the UK vehicle that caused the damage or by the Estonian Motor Insurance Bureau (if the correspondent has not been determined or the vehicle had no motor insurance).
      • If an Estonian person was injured in a traffic accident that took place in the UK and was caused by a UK vehicle, the injured party can generally only claim indemnification for the damage in the United Kingdom and in English.
      • If an Estonian person was injured in a traffic accident that took place in another contracting state of the European Economic Area and was caused by a UK vehicle, the injured party will only be able to claim indemnification of the damage from the green card bureau of the country where the damage was caused.

PZU is AB "Lietuvos draudimas" Estonian Branch trademark in Estonia. AB "Lietuvos draudimas" is Lithuanian insurance company, that is part of the international PZU Group. Before entering into an insurance contract, please examine the terms and conditions or dial +372 622 4599 for additional information.