Good to know
What should be done upon a loss event?
- Inspect the exterior condition of the cargo. If there is any external damage to the packaging or goods, make a respective note in the accompanying documents and take photographs of the damage, if possible.
- Inspect the number of units in the consignment. In case of any inaccuracies, make a respective note in the accompanying documents and take a photograph, if possible.
- If inspecting the exterior condition of the cargo or inspecting the number of units in the consignment is not possible, make a respective note in the accompanying documents.
- Inspect the condition of the seals on the container or other cargo spaces and the conformity of the numbers thereof to the accompanying documents. If you wish to add any notes or comments, make a respective entry in the accompanying documents or other consignment documents.
- Describe the damage and specify the number of damaged units. Submit a written damage notification to the carrier within the term provided in the contract of carriage and the respective legislation.
- If possible, keep the cargo in the same state as of the time you identified the damage and ask PZU to give you instructions as to how to proceed. If it is not possible to keep the cargo intact, the condition of cargo must be recorded as precisely as possible at the time of the detection of the damage (written document, photographs, etc.).
During the acceptance of cargo from the carrier:
When discovering internal damage to the cargo:
In case of a loss event, call the PZU customer service on 622 4599 for advice and assistance. You can also notify us of the damage by sending an e-mail to lahendus[at]pzu.ee or by filling in the online notification form.
PZU is AB "Lietuvos draudimas" Estonian Branch trademark in Estonia. AB "Lietuvos draudimas" is Lithuanian insurance company, that is part of the international PZU Group. Before entering into an insurance contract, please examine the terms and conditions or dial +372 622 4599 for additional information.